WHAT IS “PERSONAL INFORMATION”?
“Personal information” is information about an identifiable individual. It includes contact information such as your name, address, phone number and financial information.
HOW DO WE OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND WHAT DO WE OBTAIN?
We obtain the information that you choose to give us. You may do so in a variety of ways including:
- When you visit our website for the purpose of becoming involved with the party as a member, volunteer or donor
- When you subscribe to our communications
- If you register at an event
- If you complete a registration or donation form either electronically or on paper
- If you complete any form on our website, including online petitions.
- It is also possible that your information could be provided to us by a volunteer or friend who thinks you would be interested in getting involved with the campaign.
The information that we collect may include:
- Contact and identification information, such as your name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address and social media contacts.
- Donation information such as date and amount of your donation.
- Financial information that we need to process your donation e.g. payment methods and preferences, billing and banking information (e.g. credit card number and expiry date).
HOW DO WE USE AND SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We also use your personal information to communicate with you about the campaign and its activities, as well as to provide you with news and information. We use your financial information to process your contributions. Under no circumstances, do we sell your personal information.
In addition, we may engage third party providers to perform tasks on our behalf such as processing your donation, making phone calls and providing technical services to our website. When information is shared with third parties for these purposes, we include privacy protective clauses in written contracts to help safeguard personal information.
HOW DO WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The security of your personal information is important to us. For information provided online, our website contains security measures in order to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of the information under our control. Our server is located in a locked and secure environment.
HOW CAN I UPDATE MY INFORMATION OR UNSUBSCRIBE?
You may update or correct the information you provide to us by e-mailing us at [email protected] If you have subscribed to receive information, you may unsubscribe by clicking “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email message.
DOES THE WEBSITE LOG IP ADDRESSES?
We log IP addresses, or the location of your computer network on the Internet, for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes. We may also use IP addresses to track which pages people visit in order to improve the quality of our website.